We will also be looking at some changes to our bylaws. Keep in mind, only members in good standing can propose and vote for bylaw changes. This is a great opportunity to ensure you are current in your national dues.
The Las Vegas DSA is a community of individuals sharing ideas; as such, we have created a set of community agreements to ensure we are consistently meeting our own goals and each member of the community is being treated fairly.
- Progressive Stack – The Facilitator keeps a list of names from people who raise their hand
- Why Am I Talking – When in discussion, please ask yourself “Why am I talking (wait)?”
- Step Up, Step Back – When you speak, after you make your point, let others speak
- Use “I” Statements – Speak from your perspective, rather than assuming that of other people
- One Diva, One Mic – One person speaks at a time
- Listen (Don’t Wait to Talk) – Genuinely pay attention to what others say
- Assume Best Intentions, But Challenge
- Acknowledge when you make a mistake
These agreements are in effect at all DSA meetings and events.