Frequently Asked Questions about Las Vegas DSA
How do I become a member of Las Vegas DSA?
- All local chapter membership is through our national organization. You are then a member of the local chapter nearest your residence. Visit DSAUSA.org for more information on types of membership and dues.
Is there a benefit to becoming a full member of Las Vegas DSA?
- Yes! Dues-paying members may cast votes during meetings, may vote in chapter elections, and can hold office. Your dues will also support the efforts of the local and national chapters.
Can I come check out a meeting without becoming a member?
- Absolutely! All of our meetings are public and we always welcome new members or interested individuals. Check out our calendar for information on upcoming meetings and events.
When is the next Meeting?
- We hold chapter meetings once per month. Check out our calendar for Facebook page for the next meeting date, time, and location.
I’ve heard a lot of things about DSA. What is your group really all about?
- That’s a great question. The overall DSA beliefs can be found on our national website. We also work to be involved in current issues that fit within our values. Right now, we are invested in Medicare for All, Mass Decarceration, and equitable treatment of all, regardless of race, class, or identity.
I want to get involved! What can I do?
- That’s great! Whether you have a specific idea of what you’d like to do, or just feel like you’d like to “do something” (and we’ve all been there!), we are happy to have more enthusiastic members. Send us an email at email@example.com and let us know what you have in mind so we can connect you with one of our current members.
I have another question that isn’t answered here.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer your question as soon as possible!